The history of IL BORGHETTO plays a part to the history of the Villa of Pietrafitta of which it was a section. From historical research we know that initially it belonged to the Cattani family who were a noble feudal family of Tuscany at the beginning of 1300.
In 1410 the Villa of Pietrafitta, together with IL BORGHETTO, were purchased by the noble Florentine family of the Acciaiuoli, and they retained ownership until their decay. Then, in 1598, IL BORGHETTO became property of the Archbishop of Pisa Carlo Antonio Dal Pozzo.
In 1806 IL BORGHETTO was purchased by the Dr. Antonio Moggi of San Gimignano who was at the time Chief at the Chamber of the Grand Duke of Tuscany in Tunisi.
In 1867 Maria Victoria Dal Pozzo Della Cisterna, , who was an heiress of the Archbishop, married Amedeo di Savoia Duke of Aosta, son of the king Vittorio Emanuele II, therefore Pietrafitta became the Villa of Her Royal Highness Duchess of Aosta.
In the recent age, the heirs of Dr. Moggi sell IL BORGHETTO to the Savoia dynasty and they remained owners of Pietrafitta and its farms until 1946.
In this year it became property of the Countess Alba Balbi Valier, who was famous for having introduced the D.O.C. for the Vernaccia wine of San Gimignano and the Chianti Colli Senesi in 1966.
In recent years, the owners were the Cameli family, oil tanker entrepreneurs from Genova, and finally the Agricultural Society Pietrafitta that in 1999 sold IL BORGHETTO to the Bimbi Family who are the present owners.